Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juniper Berries

I bought some Juniper Berries today

I know they can be used in alcohol making, but I'monly really interested in the foody aspect of it's use.

I've been checking out LJ's foodie link and all the recipies seem to be gamey meats?

Has anyone used these before to know what they taste like? I guess strong if being used with game, but could I crush them and use them in, say, home-made burgers?

Anyone know what 'plain' meats they go with / any recipies?

Ta
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Shortie I have gone through my favourite sites and these have juniper berry recipes. www.fooddownunder.com www.schwartz.co.uk www.thinkvegetables.co.uk have one for brussel sprouts www.britishturkey.co.uk has a rather nice looking marinade which I might try myself.
    [

Comment

Cheers LJ, I'll take a look through these... I've saved the TV Style Food and Ggreat British CookBook to refer to as I'm trying to learn other recipies other than my usual.

These ones will be saved too!

I'll try Potatoes and Juniper Berries first I think!
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Another site from my favourites is www.thefoody.com This is packed with traditional recipes from the UK and Ireland.
        [

Comment

Ooo, I like that one too. I found the bit that gives a description on all the herbs etc too.... that could answer a few more questions I had. Thanks!
          Shortie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X