No announcement yet.

Boysenberries and droopy strawberries?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boysenberries and droopy strawberries?

Hi all, I brought a boysenberry this morning ( and a blackcurrant ), and wondered if the info for rasp/blackberries would apply to boysenberries, or is there somewhere i can get some info. (i will google them or find a kiwi with the Yates garden guide!) i just wondered if anyones grown them and have any tips.

also, i brought a 6pack of strawberries at B&Q last week and they are all drooping or dying....should i try repotting them, feeding them, what?. i havent over watered i dont think. is there hope?.

any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Finding Home

A lot of B&Q plants were dead at my local shop, from frost. That may be the problem, but I think that it would have occurred weeks earlier from them being bought out for sale too soon.
    As to Boysenberries: I have a bit of a family interest in this plant because my Grandmother knew the chap that developed them down near Winchester. She got into contact with him through the Land Army. They are a hybrid of the loganberry and raspberry. Anyway, they fruit on last-year’s growth only and pruning is just to remove the old canes. They can be up to and over 9' per cane, needing support and a good mulch. As with all plants it's a balance on moisture and water that gives you the best results. Water is the most important to get lots of fruit. They don't mind half shade.

Comment

thanks for the boysenberry info SimonCole.
      Finding Home

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X