Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last years carrots

Hi everyone
    Hope someone can help. I found some carrots in a container that have been there since last year. I thought the pot was just overgrow and overlooked. Will they still be edible or shall I recycle them?

Kath

If they're still good and firm they'll be okay to eat - your container sounds like its just 'stored' them over winter for you.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I agree with sbp - if you're set on recycling them anyway why not just try one and see. A few minutes in microwave should give a result for you to judge on taste and texture.

The container has probably done the job of what is described as clamping - a method to store produce in the ground/or boxes of say sand, but to arrest further growth during the out of season months.

Comment

I am still pulling carrots as I need them, they will be quite alright I'm sure!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'm still pulling carrots that have over wintered too. Some need to be discarded, but most are just fine, if a little pale in colour.
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Thanks for your answers. There are only a few so I will just add them to something for a bit of flavour. Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X