Unhappy Blueberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy Blueberries

Just wondering if anyone can help me with my blueberry bush. It's one of the Woolies ones so don't know the name. I planted it in a large pot with erricacious (sp?) compost, and its had nothing but rainwater. The compost is neither sodden or dry.. just damp. The leaves have suddenly started going yellowy (it was fine for a couple of months so isn't the shock of being transplanted).

Any ideas?

Hi Sez

Ive got one too. I have done exactly the same as you with the same results I will watch this post with interest. Don't know what I've done but may try moving the pot to another position in the garden to see if it picks up.
    http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Have you had some sudden cold weather? If you have, it may have nipped the leaves.
      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

My 'youngsters' have suffered similarly.
        My 2/3 year olds are blosseming very well,,,,, but I bought some last years babies as gifts,,,,, but whilst they were o.k for a while,,,, the couple that I have left seem to be going downhill.

They have been in my unheated porch since I bought them just before Christmas last year.

I'll look on with interest,,,,
        try it once,,,,, you might like it !

Comment

It sounds like a condition usually seen when the bushes have not been planted in ericacious compost, but as you have, and as you've only given them rainwater, it can't be that. I'd suggest that your plants probably put on a bit of a spurt during a mild spell and then were knocked back by the recent freezing weather. They are reasonably hardy though so will probably recover, try popping them in a sheltered spot for a week or two until the weather improves.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Hopefully it is 'just' cold damage - I've wrapped the poor thing up with some fleece, hopefully it'll recover

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X