Raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberries

I have an autumn fruiting raspberry which I pruned back as per. I noticed today loads of shoots coming up around it. Can I transplant these or do I have to dig them up?
    Many Thanks
    Chris.

Hi ChrisH54, Welcome to the vine.

Don't know a lot about Autumn fruiting raspberries but the shoots that are springing up like weeds will be the ones that fruit I think. You could dig them up after fruiting to increase your stock, they will produce more canes from the base of the old wood.

Some one will be along soon, I'm sure, to shoot me down in flames.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Yes these are the ones that will produce the fruit wait till the end of the season to thin out any plants they wont like being disturbed now.

Comment

I moved lots of new canes from our autumn raspberries the other day that were encroaching on the veg patch and they seem to have transplanted well and are looking very healthy. Not all were successfully dug up though and had to be discarded. It will be interesting to see if they fruit this year having been moved.

I also moved some summer raspberries (whilst they were in leaf) from Cornwall to Swansea last year that my Grandmother didn't want anymore and they did fruit after being planted again, but not a huge amount of berries.

Dan.

Dan.

Comment

I moved some mystery ones last week that were growing in the undergrowth on our plot, so I'm waiting to see if they didn't mind being disturbed. Fingers crossed.
          I've had my weetabix...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X