Jerusalem Artichokes the propagation of

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerusalem Artichokes the propagation of

I have been along to see Pukka.Tukka today and taken away her last remaining spare Jerusalem Artichoke a loverly little tuber with about 6 or 7 shoots on it .
    I was wondering is it posible to get it growing in the propagater and when it got going fairly well would it be posible to cut it up with a shoot on each piece and replant them and then have 6 or 7 plants has any body done it or heard about it being done your thought's be grate fully recieved jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Originally posted by piskieinboots
    I don't think you need a propogater JM, if they are chitting they can go in now - mine are in already, give them a good bed of organic compost to sit on in their little holes.

Not sure about the splitting in two/three/whatever - but I'd say give it a go
    The reason for the propagater was to get them growing vigorously and the propagater is switched on any way and will be for the next month or so jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

You really want more than ONE plant, Jacob? Last time I grew them they multiplied so fast I couldn't keep up with them. OH came in earlier with a bag full donated by a well meaning neighbour, if you lived closer I'd gladly re donate them to you.
      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Yes i do want more than one plant i do not like things to be lonely jacob
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Jacob, they don't need any heat at all. They will probably just rot if you try it.
          Plant one, and next year you'll have a dozen. Replant these ...

Do you like the taste that much? Do you want to be eating a lot of them? Cos that's what you'll get !
          If you're growing them as a windbreak, different story. Get lots, although its really at the end of the planting season now - mine have all got 3 inch shoots on them. If you really want some, send me the postage and I'll pack a parcel full of the blighters.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I was thinking more of beraking wind to see if i can out do bubble wrap jacob
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Can't wait till my JAs come through. First time growing them. Planted about 15 tubers, so should get a lot back

Steven
              http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X