Jerusalem Artichokes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerusalem Artichokes

I have found hidden at the back of my fridge a small bag of Jerusalem Artichokes which have started to sprout - seeing as I am unlikely to eat them now, can I plant them out or is it too late?
    Last edited by Sunbeam; 05-06-2006, 06:48 PM.
    How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Dunno - but give it a go what have you to lose? And lots (of air!) to gain...
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Put them in and you should get a crop of some sort by early winter. Replant any small ones to recrop next year.

Beware however as once planted they are very difficult to eradicate and they grow around 6' tall with lovely small flowers on. Most (but not all) supermarket ones are "fuseau" which are less knobbly to peel than traditional types.

Comment

We grew them, found them to be an acquired taste. Good for diabetics apparently. Windbreak! They catch the wind only to release it later!!!?
        My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
        Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

I might give them a go - re their windy reputation, it is an endless source of entertainment in this household!! May be I should give some to my mother-in-law - he he!!!!
          How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

I have always been told that if you put lemon juice in the recipe that it cuts down after effects
            www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X