Silver moon onions?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver moon onions?

I was in my local Inshops today and noticed they were selling 75 Silver Moon onion sets for 99p.
    Well.........I thought, I'll just have a pack of those because I'm growing red onions and normal straw coloured onions , so why not white onions as well?
    The photograph on the packaging looks like they make large white onions.

I thought I would google them to get any information I could but the information I have found says they are usually supplied during September and that they are for planting in the autumn!

At first I wondered whether they were old stock, but they look as fresh as a daisy!

Any grapes had any dealings with Silver Moon onion sets before?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Nope, but they sound interesting - well I like the name!
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Nope, but they sound interesting - well I like the name!
      So do I. Do you think I could become Silvermoon instead?
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Someone on another forum was saying on March 2nd that they'd just planted 'Silver Moon' sets. So I guess it can't hurt to put them in? Might just mean that you get smaller onions, or that you'll be harvesting them later than your others maybe. That could be a problem if the bed is to be used straight afterwards for winter crops? I think I'd go for planting them, if it was me (& I had an inch of space left )

Edit:
        Just looked at Tucker's site, which comes up on the Google search for Silvermoon - I'm buying my sets from them next time, they're about half the price I paid for mine
        Last edited by SarzWix; 14-03-2008, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X