Wild Strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Strawberries

I have been offered some wild strawberry plants on Freecycle and I am picking them up tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with them, do I treat them like regular strawb's? Any tips welcome,

Thanks, R
    "My Pink Half Of The Drainpipe Seperates Me From You"

I guess these might be like my alpine strawbs which have increased from one plant to cover the whole of our patio. When I give some to anyone, I just say to them to scratch a bit hole in the ground, bung them in and forget about them for a while. They seem to survive quite happily without me doing anything other than picking the fruit every sunny morning all summer long.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Well that sounds easy, my kind of gardening. Thanks Shirl.

Comment

I picked up my wild strawberries today and planted them into a large pot. They came out of a small pot and were as dry as a bone but thriving nonetheless. If they were ok like that they should do well in good compost. I'm looking forward to tasting them
        Last edited by Rooster; 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I've found a lagre patch of wild strawbs in my garden as well......left a majority of them for the birds but have potted a few up for my selfish little self
          Detroitsburg - Where cool cars come

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X