Help re basil etc

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help re basil etc

I have a pot og basil growing on window sill - gets sun for half the day. Some of the leaves going black. Why? Am I doing omething wrong.

Also parsley growing very slowly. Do I need to thin to get them to grow?

Is it too late to sow 'mange tout', peas etc.

Where can I get bay leave plant that doesn't cost a fortune.

There is lots I need to learn - as you can see.

Thanks folks

Hi Does the Cooking, Basil does like to be fairly warm and comfortable , but at this time of year the sun through the window might be a bit fierce and just burning the plant. I would remove all the discoloured leaves and start putting it outside on warm days and bring it in at night for the first few nights. If the weather is rubbish at the moment just move it to a windowsill in a warm room out of direct sun.

Your parsley is growing slowly as the year is early and weather has been nothing special. It will pick up with age and better weather.

Don't know the answer to the rest but someone else will. As far as I can see bay trees are always quite expensive. Best hope might be to look for a baby one, or grow one yourself.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

How are you watering your Basil? I find that it doesn't like it's leafs getting wet. I water either from below or right at the plant stem. Also I only water when the leafs start to wilt.
      Last edited by WiZeR; 30-05-2006, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Does the cooking,you can sow mangtout until end of june.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X