Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about Strawberries

Hi all

I have just recieved some strawberry runners from T&M. I have 27 runners in total.

Anyway I want to plant these in a raised bed using weed membrane to plant through and then eventually find some a straw from somewhere to bed underneath.

What sort of spacing do I need for strawberries? How long is it safe to leave them, as they have been delivered, before I plant them? Any other tips for a novice would be much apprecieated.

i think the general rule is a trowels width apart although i plant mine a bit closer as i dont have the space for that width. i cant comment on how long you should leave them but i bought some bare rooted rasp canes and they lived in their bag for 2 weeks until i could plant out. i kept them out of the sun so they didnt start growing and gave them a drink every so often.

Comment

Wizer if you have the room they should be about 18 inches apart unless they are alpines and they need 12 inches apart. If the bed isn't ready for them yet just dig them in somewhere temporary.
      [

Comment

thank you, so it will work out 2 rows of 10

just got to find a home for the other 7

Comment

I have just recevied my strawberries today and came on here to see what i should do with them until i plant them out into a strawberry tub, when is the best time to plant them out, as its my first time in growing strawberries.

Comment

Maxine if you are growing them in a container you can plant strawberries at any time. If the strawberry tub is not ready yet plant them in some pots just to keep them going.
            [

Comment

Thanks for your help will do that, as strawberry tub ready and waiting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X