No announcement yet.

Anyone elses Tuscan kale going to seed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone elses Tuscan kale going to seed?

Just picked some florets off my Toscana Kale! Even though these were a joy to eat this just enforces my feelings that Tuscan Kale is not as hardy as other kales. Anyone elses kale seeding?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Just picked some florets off my Toscana Kale! Even though these were a joy to eat this just enforces my feelings that Tuscan Kale is not as hardy as other kales. Anyone elses kale seeding?
    One of Wellie's is, Snadge, but I don't know if it was the Tuscan one or not.

Comment

Here not yet Snadger, but there are only 3 left (plus 1 headless but start to regrow some side shoots).
      Mine were under cloche.
      I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Mine are still going strong Snadge. They always last the winter, but we're a bit milder here than you are up there.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I only have 2 plants in, but one of them has already started throwing up flower stems. The other looks fine though

Comment

Ours are ok, if a little "well eaten" but certainly no flowers..........yet.

Comment

All my plants of Cavalo Nero are starting to seed - sad to say. Maybe it is on account of being in the south ?

Comment

Mine too
                Thought I would just keep picking and treat it a bit like purple sprouting - which is just beginning to (sprout)

Comment

Bad news for me, went a walk in the garden this morning and saw one of the Dino kale showing tiny flower head. So soon, it wasn't so last week !
                  I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Ah, you lot talked it up! Mine are just starting to bolt. Not fair.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X