Red Carrots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Carrots

I have got some red carrots to grow this year called Red Samurai. Has anyone else eaten these or grown these. Are they any nicer
    Atomic Apple Design

"It is a cliché that most clichés are true, but then like most clichés, that cliché is untrue."

Haven't tried those yet but all home grown carrots taste much nicer than the shop bought ones
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

my carrots where tasteless this year anybody know why, did I pull them to soon

Comment

Too wet a summer? Not a carrot expert by any means so not able to help much sorry.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by diana View Post
          my carrots where tasteless this year anybody know why, did I pull them to soon
          I'm guessing that it was just a tastless variety, Diana - I didn't think that carrot were a veg that - er - ripens or whatever the word is.

I've grown plenty of carrots this year - quite a few varieties - and when I manage to eat just one which the bloody carrot flies haven't got to first, I'll be in a postition to advise further...

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            I've grown plenty of carrots this year - quite a few varieties - and when I manage to eat just one which the bloody carrot flies haven't got to first, I'll be in a postition to advise further...
            OOOh, now there speaks an angry lady. Carrot flies, watch out.....
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Hrmph. I AM on a mission.

Comment

I grow my carrots in a raised bed so no carrot fly yet but must change the type I grow so they are tastier, anyone know the most tasty one's

Comment

Originally posted by diana View Post
                  I grow my carrots in a raised bed so no carrot fly yet but must change the type I grow so they are tastier, anyone know the most tasty one's
                  Chantenay are tasty - so were my Autumn King. Will be trying more types this year to see how they compare.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

I agree Shirl, my Chantaney were lovely - until I tried to freeze them! They dont like it! I'm also looking for a tasty, longer, variety for this year?
                    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

thanks girls will try chantaney, what happened when you tried to freeze them moggssue?

Comment

I froze them whole (v small) and without blanching first - when I try to cook with them they go all mushy and soggy and chewy, not nice! I've made a humungous batch of soup with them instead .... apparently (so the nice peeps on here tell me) baby type carrots dont like being frozen.
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X