Spotty courgettes????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotty courgettes????

Can anyone help me with my courgette problem?
    Some of the leaves are dying at the edges and other leaves have white or yellow spots. Fortunately, the plant is continuing to grow and has lots of new leaves coming up.
    The plant is growing in a clean container with new multi-purpose compost.
    Thanks, Annette.
    Attached Files

I've had this problem before, but mostly on older plants and not really worried about it.

As your plant is in a pot, maybe it is lacking in some kind of nutrients - or maybe it's getting an overdose of nutrients - I'm not sure. Are you feeding it with anything like tomato feed or liquid seaweed as these often help to get the plant going?

Other than that it might be a virus affecting it.

Hopefully someone else on the forum might be able to help resolve the issue, but these point might help you do a google search and see if anything useful comes up in the meantime.

Hope I've helped rather than confused.

Comment

I wouldn't be worried Annette, it looks good to me. Whatever it is I don't think it will affect courgette production. Probably the equivalent of human freckles. Know we all want everything to be perfect all the time but the world of nature isn't like that.Let us know how the courgettes go. Have you tried them sweet and sour. Sautee some onions in butter. Add the sliced courgettes and sautee few minutes longer.Add a little stock and simmer for a few minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and a good dollop of vinegar. Simmer another minute or two and serve with sausages, cooked ham, left over cold meat, salad, or anything else you have. Even kids who are fussy about vegetables like this one.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks a lot Eskymo and Alice!
        Eskymo, I'm not giving any of my veg. a liquid feed as I don't know what to get. Can I give anything a tomato feed??
        Alice, your recipe sounds delicious. I'll be giving that one a try.
        I'm only new to this site but I wonder if there is a recipe section???? As we all obviously enjoy fresh from the garden veg.....there's nothing more satisfying than growing, picking and eating your own produce.

I'm off to look for a recipe section. I hope there is one.

Comment

Brilliant! Found the recipe section, now I'm in heaven

Now if I could just get someone to do the house work so I can spend all day playing on this site.........

Comment

Annette if your plant is outside it could have been caught by a late frost & that is why the edges are browned. The speckles could be O.K. as some courgettes have naturally mottled leaves.If you've checked there are no aphids or red spider mites hiding on the undersides of the leaves I'd say they should be alright.
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I've got six on the go at the mo, all in pots and one of them has the same problem but it's growing at the same rate as the others and producing new leaves so i'm not too concerned. The others aren't turning spotty so i don't think it's a pest causing it. Maybe we will end up with spotty courgettes??

Comment

Annette, if it's recipes you're after try www.epicurious.com

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

has anyone put their tomatoes or courgettes outside yet? mine are in my mini-greenhouse, just coming outside during the day, but I'm itching to plant them out!!
                  smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

I'm considering the same Vicki. I only have a plastic mini greenhouse and it's rammed fulled. I desperately want to empty it out a bit to make way for other things, but not sure if I can stick the toms and courgettes out yet.
                    http://www.norwoodgarden.blogspot.com/

Comment

i'm hardening off my courgettes at the moment as well as my sweetcorn and french beans...toms are still too tiny - only 10cm high!

Comment

Mine are all in the plastic mini greenhouse outside also but are still too small to plant out. I usually aim to plant most things out around the Spring Bank Holiday at the end of May to make sure there are no last-minute frost problems.
                        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X