Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollyhocks, french and runner beans!

Ok peeps - I've the following for swapsies -

Dwarf French Beans - Sungold - a couple of dozen (Kings). They are yellow (as you might imagine!) and I'm just not a fan.

Runner Beans - Polestar - about 2/3 pack (Unwins). I have enough bean seeds to feed most of the town - please take these off my hands.

Hollyhocks - my green fingered bro-in-law has a miniscule garden bursting at the seams with perennials, and he saves the seeds of his wonderful hollyhocks. He is SO tickled pink at the thought that his flower seeds will be growing in gardens and plots the length and bredth of the country next year!

Anyone who likes the idea of any of these - jus' give me a shout!

Could do with some purple kohl rabi, if anyone has any?

Hazel,

I'd love to take some beans off your hands.

Can I tempt you with some Calendula officinalis in return? They are among the best companion plants for growing with vegetables, especially tomatoes. The plants attract hoverflies to the garden, the young of which are fairly efficient eaters of aphids, and reduce the eelworm population in the soil. When added to the compost heap, the flowers speed up bacterial activity and thus shorten the time needed to make the compost. They're also a bright splash of colour throughout summer and autumn (we have a few still flowering at home, and we live in a frost hollow ...).

I also have plenty of Evening Primrose seeds to swap.
    Last edited by Upwood; 16-12-2007, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I definitely like the idea of the Sungold beans – will you only swap for kohl rabi? Unfortunately that’s something I haven’t tried my hand at yet.

I do have plenty of lettuce, tomato and cabbage varieties and a few other things… what sort of things could you be interested in?

Raquel

Comment

Originally posted by Upwood View Post
        I'd love to take some beans off your hands...
        Can I tempt you with some Calendula officinalis in return?
        I also have plenty of Evening Primrose seeds to swap.
        if you pm me your addy, Upwood, and I'll get some off to you - I have some calendula to sow for next year, but LOVE the idea of Evening Primrose (I gave them a quick google, and find that they are supposed to attract moths to the plot - is this a good idea I wonder??)

Originally posted by Raquel View Post
        I definitely like the idea of the Sungold beans...
        You're welcome, Raquel - pm me your addy too, and I'll send them off to you.

Hollyhocks, anyone.....?
        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-12-2007, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Thank you Hazel - I've sent you a PM!

Comment

Hi, would love some hollyhock and runner bean's .I Have a list of seed's available on here,all flower's though.
            Live long and prosper.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w213/jojo333_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by jojo_nature View Post
              Hi, would love some hollyhock and runner bean's .I Have a list of seed's available on here,all flower's though.
              Hi Jojo! Last years hollyhock seeds have all gone to good homes, however, my brother-in-law tells me that he's just waiting for the Christmas post to clear before he sends me a fresh batch of hollyhocks from their beautiful garden in a couple of weeks - and I have some runner beans that I can send you too.

If you pm me your address I can get them off to you when I get the hollyhocks.

Comment

Pm sent twice ,sorry.If there is anything i have that i can send you in return please let me know.
                Live long and prosper.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w213/jojo333_photos/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X