Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over-Wintering Peppers & Aubergines

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else has tried anything like this, but I'm giving it a go next year, and I'll let you know how I get on.

I was frustrated this summer that my peppers & aubergines really started to fruit just as the season was ending, despite them being in the greenhouse (border soil) and getting a very early start in the conservatory (February). As a result, their yield was disappointing. Obviously the odd weather and lack of sunshine were major factors, but I'm out to defeat mother nature next year, whatever she throws at us...

So, as the winter kicked in for good, I chopped them back to about 1" above the soil, and covered them in about 4" of mulch.

I'm hoping they'll spring back to life once the weather warms up in around March, and because they'll already have a solid root system they'll put more energy, much earlier in the season, into fruit development.

I'll be starting off seeds as usual in February, which I'll use for comparison.

Anyone willing to speculate on how it will turn out?

I'd say it depends on the winter we have! (Get-out clause!) However, you have belt and braces so something should do well.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X