Mulching Raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulching Raspberries

Can anyone give me some advice on how best to mulch my Raspberry canes please.
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if you criticise him, you are a mile away. And you have his shoes. !!!

An té nach gcuireann san earrach
    ní bhaineann sé san fhómhar.

"He who does not sow in the Spring will not reap the harvest in the Autumn" St Paul to The Allotment holder on the road to Damascus.

i used some old lawn edging around my row of canes then filled the lot up with rotted FYM. it has about 4 to 5 inches of it. keeps the roots moist in summer. this year just topped up to the top of the edging with more FYM and wood chips.
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

Thenls Sprouter,

I did try this last year (Well Rotted FYM ) and I found that at least 60% of it has still not broken down. Is this your experience.
      Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if you criticise him, you are a mile away. And you have his shoes. !!!

An té nach gcuireann san earrach
      ní bhaineann sé san fhómhar.

"He who does not sow in the Spring will not reap the harvest in the Autumn" St Paul to The Allotment holder on the road to Damascus.

Comment

Hi Irish Digger,
        By chance last night Monty Don on gardeners World was planting raspberries Mulch as deep as you like with any kind of compost except mushroom (to Alkali). Remember NOT to dig in as raspberries are very shallow rooted.
        It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it!

Comment

Originally posted by irish digger View Post
          I did try this last year (Well Rotted FYM ) and I found that at least 60% of it has still not broken down. Is this your experience.

yes it takes a long time to rot down, but i just keep adding to the top of it, helps to keep weeds at bay!
          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
          Bob Dylan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X