Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus

Mornin' all.

Can anyone recommend a good variety of asparagus? Love the stuff and want to give it a go, thought I might try a green variety and a purple (might entice the kids to eat it?!)
    Any suggestions gratefully recieved!
    Thank you
    Last edited by lainey lou; 08-10-2007, 10:03 AM.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Connovers Colossal is a good Spring planting choice.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Yeah, it is an old favorite, and a very good choice, I certainly had some tasty and very large spears from my CC's this year.

Though for an F1 choice I Think 'Backlim' takes some beating for tenderness, its a late season variety. I also have Grolym and gijnlim, both great, early and with regular medium sized spears. I have planted a few Mary Washington that I have yet to try. These hybrids were not all male as promised but their advantage is they establish a year or two quicker than CC's etc..

The BIG thing is to prepare your bed really well- NO weed roots and dig in pleanty of muck-don't be mean they be there 20 years or more. You should plant your crowns as soon as they arrive in April

Perhaps choose a couple of different varieties?

Good luck. My kids love the stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the info guy. Think i will go for several different varieties.
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X