Too late to sow more peppers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late to sow more peppers?

I fear I may have killed around half of my pepper plants. It was very hot in my conservatory this morning, and I left the propagator lid on (althoufh the heat was off), and many of the leaves are looking decidedly crispy.
    Is it too late to sow more?
    There are both chilli and sweet peppers, for outdoor planting through black plastic.

I hope not! I put some in today (long sweet peppers) as the new seed hasn't germinated, so I'm trying saved from last year...

Comment

Not even planted mine yet!!!

Comment

Planted mine today.
        All at once I hear your voice
        And time just slips away
        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Well, I guess I've still got time them.
          I'll take another look at them tomorrow and see if I can judge which ones might survive, and then sow new seeds accordingly.

Comment

hope not,i got nothing sown yet,will have to get the proporgater dug out the shed,we think we are late sowing any seeds,but not really,we still fine.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I just sowed mine on 31st March
              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Depends what type of chilli you’re re sowing.
                If it’s something like a jalapeño or cayenne you might be ok. If it’s a super hot, I personally wouldn’t bother trying again.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  Depends what type of chilli you’re re sowing.
                  If it’s something like a jalapeño or cayenne you might be ok. If it’s a super hot, I personally wouldn’t bother trying again.
                  They're all mild. I don't like too much heat.

Comment

Mine were all sweet peppers...first time growing them so if I've left it too late then at least I'll know next year to sow earlier.
                    If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
                      Mine were all sweet peppers...first time growing them so if I've left it too late then at least I'll know next year to sow earlier.
                      Half of mine are sweet peppers, but the sweet pepper seedlings look less crispy than the chillis, so they may not actually need resowing. I shall see what they look like tomorrow, and judge how well they have recovered.

Comment

Too late to sow more peppers?
                        I sure hope not, I'm only sowing mine today - the packets say it's still ok. What with everything else that's going on, to worry about, I've got behind this year...….

Comment

I haven't sown mine. Too chilly by half.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X