Long time lurker becoming official.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time lurker becoming official.

Hi all. I have read this forum for a few years now but never joined up for some reason.

A bit about myself I'm a 29 year old but a bit old fashioned for my age. I don't really do much in the way of computers but thought I would give this a go.

Have been a gardener for my whole life its my job and my hobby. I have a garden at home that I am in the process of re-landscaping along with an allotment plot that I have had for a couple of years although I have just changed to a new plot so starting from scratch this year.

I have a 6 year old son that seems to be enjoying the great outdoors more and more and getting his hands dirty growing his favourite veg and fruits.

Without rambling on any longer hello from South Cheshire and thank you for reading

Andy.

Hi Andy and congratulations on taking that big step to join the Vine after years of lurking.
    The first post is the hardest! Once you've made a few, you'll soon feel part of the gang.

Comment

I feel better already thank you. I will get the hang of it its out of character me making a step like this can tell its a new year and all that.

Comment

If you've been lurking, you'll have a good idea about what a friendly group this is (and nutty but we won't go into that )
        Any questions, just ask, there's usually someone who has an answer - actually, there'll be several people with answers, all different.
        If you have an answer, jump in please.

Comment

Welcome on board Andy, look forward to your participation, please offer a name for my tractor it will be a great ice breaker

Comment

Hi Andy and welcome! Lovely to have you with us! Some would say most of them here are nuts in some way... I beg to differ. I think all of them are, in their own lovely way

Once you've reached enough posts to share pics, please do - we do love a good nosey

How come you changed plots? It's a big decision to move. I'd cry if someone told me I had to move, and that's after one year
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome along and well done on the plot, job and 2 posts
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Welcome - just jump right in, posting is fun. And you can learn so much on here.

I was in a saving money forum for many years, so this is fabulous return to my roots and out of fb land x.
                Last edited by Mamzie; 21-01-2020, 09:05 AM. Reason: argh - kindle auto correct
                Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
                and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

Hello Andy welcome to the forum hope everything’s going alright with your new allotment!

Comment

Hiya and welcome.

Comment

Welcome Andy, what do you plan growing on your new plot?

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Vine
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.
                          In answer to why I have already changed plots I had to take a bog under the permanent shade of mature trees to get myself on the ladder so to speak.
                          This enabled me to wait for the opportunity to get a better plot on the site which has now paid off so a bit of patience worked out in the end.
                          I'm currently drawing up some plans to give me some ideas what I want to grow this year. I would like to get myself a polytunnel set up as a priority to grow myself some tomatoes etc.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Andy
                            Sounds like having that first plot paid of for you I don't think many would have wanted that plot, all the best with your new one.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Welcome to the vine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X