Sources of cardboard

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources of cardboard

Where do you get your cardboard from for weed suppressant? Tried the two local supermarkets with no success, so where to go next?
    Cheers Ant.

"Isn't it enough to believe a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it?" Douglas Adams

Try bike shops or white goods sellers.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I've had plenty of Facebook marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by Logunner View Post
        I've had plenty of Facebook marketplace
        Thanks. Never seen any down here but will keep looking.
        Cheers Ant.

"Isn't it enough to believe a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it?" Douglas Adams

Comment

Flatpack furniture and kitchens - any houses near you moving in/out? Having work done?

Comment

Ask on free cycle. Know anyone who's renovating a house? Ikea kit etc, flat pack stuff always ends up with lots of cardboard. Kitchen fitters etc often have lots they want rid of.

Comment

I've got it from the weirdest places. Ask everywhere. While my husband was MOTing the car I was chatting to nearby businesses. I got plenty cardboard off one but got unlimited supplies of bubblewrap from another business who fitted radiators (which were supplied wrapped in a double layer of it). They had to pay to have it removed. My grapevine has been well wrapped for every cold spell since.

Comment

Try small shops/factories rather than chains, chainstores are more likely to have a national recycling scheme of their own.

Comment

spend 20 mins walking/driving around your nearest industrial estate, you'll soon find more than you can handle.
                  Bear in mind that they mostly store it outside and it'll be wet, hard to move.
                  sigpic

Comment

I also use any newspapers I can get my hands on...

Free papers like Metro just grab a handful...
                    Last edited by bario1; 15-10-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I get mine from work. I work in a cinema, and we get through tons of cardboard. Maybe try your local cinema?

Comment

If theres a nursing home close to you, try there.They get their incontinence pads in tidy sized boxes

Comment

I found loads over the last few months on a local estate where the bins are located in one place. Usually people are good enough to leave it with the recycling bins and not the general rubbish. Sometimes people leave it right outside their houses because they don't want to spend time splitting it into smaller bits.

I hear the cardboard from China is pretty toxic as it's reported to have some nasty chemicals, so if you see obvious Chinese writing on the cardboard perhaps it would be wise to pass it up. I can't remember where I read or heard this but it stuck in my brain ever since and I don't have any evidence to back it up so it may be an unsubstantiated claim. Better to be safe than sorry maybe..
                          Last edited by Forage420; 19-10-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X