+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Karela seeds.
- 03-03-2009, 10:16 AM #1Germinator
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
I was given some Karela seeds by my neighbour who got them from india.
I don't know if these will grow, i dont have much luck with any veg! but feel free to try can send a few out to several peeps.
Sae or cucumber/sweetcorn/melon/ ? seeds or other(just a few)
- 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM #2Germinator
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- Laurencekirk, Kincardineshire
hmm I really should check my spelling when 'googling' things - look what came up as a resut of - what I thought - was the correct spelling of the above seeds
- 01-04-2009, 06:45 AM #3
Very bitter - Grows best in warm tropical and sub-tropical climate.
I'll give it a miss thanks; I'm still struggling to grow radishes
Last edited by Two_Sheds; 01-04-2009 at 01:42 PM.
All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.
Heh, I presume these are "Bitter melons"?
The mother in law makes curries with these. She takes off the big bumps on the outside with a peeler, slits them open, scoops out the inside, and then stuffs them with spiced mince before adding them to a keema (using the same mince). Very nice
Do they grow easily over here?
- By 21again in forum Vegging OutReplies: 11Last Post: 24-03-2010, 02:48 PM
- By 21again in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 14Last Post: 20-02-2010, 07:22 PM
- By porterlizz in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 1Last Post: 21-10-2009, 04:46 PM
- By Crundy in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 5Last Post: 25-03-2009, 07:48 AM
- By Storm in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 0Last Post: 26-11-2008, 06:48 PM