+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
- 24-02-2009, 11:00 AM #1
can tomato leaves make you itchy?
I have just tied some up and now my hands are all itchy.
Not allergic to them when I eat them so wonderdered if it is something in the leaves?janeyo
- 24-02-2009, 11:03 AM #2
Short answer is 'yes' but the vine wouldn't let me post that
It is quite common to itch after brushing against tomato leaves.
Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 24-02-2009 at 11:03 AM.Happy Gardening,
- 24-02-2009, 01:15 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- Near Skipton
- Blog Entries
Yes, I don't get itchy when they're little, but when they're big plants and deposit that greeny grey stuff on you, that makes me itch. A quick wash usually sorts it out though.
- 24-02-2009, 01:32 PM #4
I think it's the little hairs on the leaves and stem that do it. Lots of hairy plants manage to irritate the skin. The really irritating thing about toms is that they dye your skin yellow - and it comes off on the soap - and then when you think they're clean it still comes off on the towel!Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.
www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring
- 24-02-2009, 02:49 PM #5
Ok thanks, it's died off a bit now. The ones I was touching were quite leggy so loads of little hairs on display. Have buried them deeper now so that shouls sort that.janeyo
- By Aaron T in forum New ShootsReplies: 8Last Post: 17-07-2010, 05:43 PM
- By tracy in forum Vegging OutReplies: 11Last Post: 30-09-2009, 11:26 AM
- By Droppey in forum Vegging OutReplies: 7Last Post: 07-08-2009, 08:30 AM
- By ashymark in forum Vegging OutReplies: 11Last Post: 21-05-2009, 03:45 PM
- By brooklynodog in forum Vegging OutReplies: 5Last Post: 25-05-2008, 07:26 PM