+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: When to pick bay leaves?
- 04-05-2009, 06:13 PM #1Germinator
- Join Date
- May 2009
When to pick bay leaves?
I know this is an odd question and I guess the obvious answer is 'anytime' but I had one gardening source mention that the leaves are best before the tree flowers. I have 4 bay trees, 2 in bloom and the other two on the way. Also, can I use the leaves fresh or is dry better?
- 04-05-2009, 06:17 PM #2
Fresh, as you want them.
Flower? Mine's never flowered.
All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.
- 04-05-2009, 07:09 PM #3
Piuck them any time, including right through the winter, fresh is always better tho if I have to prune mine, I always dry the leaves also.TonyF, Dordogne 24220
- 05-05-2009, 08:25 AM #4
Mine is flowering now. Tiny little cream fluffy things. Rather nice. Doesn't stop me using the leaves though.Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.
www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring
- By teamladd in forum Grapes RecommendationsReplies: 15Last Post: 04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
- By Two_Sheds in forum General chitchatReplies: 39Last Post: 23-06-2009, 02:07 PM
- By gel63 in forum New ShootsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
- By burnie in forum Vegging OutReplies: 10Last Post: 10-09-2006, 07:44 AM
- By lyndap in forum Vegging OutReplies: 15Last Post: 06-08-2006, 09:56 AM