+ Reply to Thread
Results 17 to 24 of 66
- 15-01-2010, 04:09 PM #17
"He referred to one prostitute with whom he was familiar, 'the robust, great-haunched, blue-eyed young woman of admirable temper and, if you will let me say so of a prostitute, extraordinary modesty' , and claimed, vanity coming to the fore, that ' I never saw one who could resist me."
RLS - A Life Study. Jenni Calder. 1980. Hamish Hamilton. London
- 15-01-2010, 04:12 PM #18Early Fruiter
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
The calyx has bristle-like bracts sprinkled with white hairs, which makes the flower look woolly.
- 15-01-2010, 04:15 PM #19
'But just as I was wondering how I might get some tickets, I noticed that none of the bullfighters had any hands; their arms ended in bumpy, knobbly wrists.'
Ok so as I'm sat next to numerous shelves of books, I just grabbed the first one that came to hand. Must say, that sentence is rather strange taken out of context.....it's been a few years since I read that book and I definitely don't remember that bit
Last edited by Incy; 15-01-2010 at 04:16 PM.
- 15-01-2010, 04:15 PM #20
'I was damaged by my education.'
It's actually the 4th sentence but that's all there are on the page.
'An Education' by Lynn Barber, just got it out of the library the other day.Into every life a little rain must fall.
- 15-01-2010, 04:23 PM #21His face, pinched and lined, was enlivened by a pair of cheerful eyes; he wore a much-darned woollen cardigan, patched trousers and slippers.Never test the depth of the water with both feet
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
- 15-01-2010, 04:50 PM #22
100% baby smooth perfection
Last edited by Two_Sheds; 16-01-2010 at 08:36 AM.
All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.
"You don't need horsemuck, potions, sprays or packets of stuff to grow vegetables" ~~ me
- 15-01-2010, 05:42 PM #23Banned
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
"Tell me about this" She raised her voice over the howling wind and jabbed at the letter which was still in her hand.
I am so relieved it was the fifth not the fourth sentence required.
- 15-01-2010, 05:45 PM #24
The nearest book to me is the argos catalogue -not sure exactly what that says about my reading habits! loljaneyo
- By Scottishnewbie in forum Grapes RecommendationsReplies: 3Last Post: 30-07-2009, 02:37 PM
- By 21again in forum General chitchatReplies: 39Last Post: 17-04-2009, 06:16 PM
- By theloon in the moon in forum General chitchatReplies: 0Last Post: 01-01-2009, 07:48 PM
- By tootles in forum General chitchatReplies: 27Last Post: 06-12-2008, 12:52 AM
- By Mikey in forum General chitchatReplies: 21Last Post: 31-08-2008, 08:56 PM